In 2013, the U.S. Department of Justice and the SEC together collected over US$635 million in civil and criminal penalties from individuals and corporations for FCPA-related offences
Companies with operations in multiple jurisdictions must ensure their commitment to compliance with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and U.K. Bribery Act. As foreign investment in Asia continues to grow, so too does the level of scrutiny placed on companies operating in the region. Proper investigations into partners, suppliers and subsidiaries, along with the implementation of anti-corruption compliance policies can help to avoid costly fines, potential litigation and adverse effects on share price.
CBI has extensive experience working with in-house teams and external counsel to create programs and best practices, whilst encouraging a culture of compliance. Whether performing introspective policy reviews, assessing corruption risk of third-party suppliers, or creating a new program from the ground-up, our team has the expertise to guide you.
Our Anti-Corruption Compliance services include:
- Anti-bribery and corruption (FCPA/ U.K. Bribery Act) investigations
- Third-party and vendor corruption screening
- Internal corruption risk assessment
- Corruption policy audit and review
- Whistleblower hotline management
- Internal investigation in response to whistleblowers
- Training on anti-corruption policies and best practices